9:00AM — Bible Class
10:15AM — Morning Assembly
7:00PM — Evening Assembly
Wednesday Evening (Bible Study)
Contact Nolan Tewell for details.
Nolan Tewell, Evangelist
Home Phone: (406) 671-6352
Email: SaintKevin (at sign) bresnan.net
Email: Jerod (at sign) NewCreation.us
Directions to the Building:
If traveling on the Interstate…
– Take exit 443 for Zoo Drive
– Go North (toward the Rims) on Zoo Drive past Gabel Road
– Turn right at South Shiloh Rd and go north for about 2.5 miles
– Turn left at Central Ave and drive for about 1 mile
– The building is located at the corner of 48th and Central
– Turn right at 48th St W
If coming from inside the city…
– Find Central Avenue in the West End of Billings and go west to 48th Street.
What the Bible Teaches About Christ’s Church
Christ’s Church in Billings is another part of Christ’s body of believers that make up the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16) and the Kingdom of His Son. God does not dwell in a temple made with human hands and does not need us to build him something physical at which to worship Him – instead, God sent Jesus to the world to reconcile man to Himself enabling us, His children, to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth at all times (John 4:23). Our lives, every second of them, are living and holy sacrifices to Him, which is our spiritual service (Romans 12:1,2).
The focus of Christ’s church – Christ’s reason for establishing His church – is to equip the saints to seek and save the lost on a one-on-one basis. While on earth, Jesus sent 70 disciples to proclaim the coming Kingdom and later, after His triumphant resurrection, commanded us in Matt 28:19-20 to “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you….” We understand that Jesus is talking to those who obey the scriptures – to all of those who can be counted amongst His saints to carry out His will to seek and save that which was lost.
Concerning salvation, God has established a clear plan in the scriptures that not only saves the condemned to hell sinner from eternal suffering, but frees them from sin. His plan is perfect, His Word is perfect and no man, creed, or tradition can claim higher authority than His Inspired (God-breathed) Word that states that a person must:
1. hear the Word (Romans 10:17),
2. believe in the Lord Jesus (Acts 16:31),
3. repent from their wicked ways and turn to God (Acts 2:38, Luke 13:5),
4. confess with their mouth that Jesus is LORD (Acts 8:37, Romans 10:9,10),
5. be immersed in water to wash away their sins and receive the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21), and finally,
6. remain faithful until death (Revelation 2:10).
For more information on this and many other Biblical subjects, see the New Creation Study Series and feel free to reach out to the contacts above.